One of the neat things about WordPress is that you can edit any post or page by clicking the Edit link that usually appears at the bottom or top of each page. You can also edit your posts and pages from the Manage tab, but sometimes it’s easier to just navigate to the content you want to edit and click Edit.
To edit a page or post:
- First log in to your site by going to http://yourdomain/wp-admin.
- Click the Visit Site button at the top of the page to return to your site.
- Navigate to the page or post you want to edit.
- Click the Edit link that appears on the page or post.
- Make your changes, and then click Save.
If the Edit link doesn’t appear, it’s because your theme designer has omitted it from the code. You can add it by going to Design > Theme Editor. Click the single.php file, and then add the following code after the <?php the_content(); ?> tag:
<?php edit_post_link('Edit', '', ' | '); ?>
Now when you view a post, an Edit link appears at the bottom, after the content. If you log out, the Edit link is hidden.